Tag Office


Boat and Motor Registration

Rules & Fees in this section apply to Compact Jurisdiction area only.

MSO, Title, or Registration
MSO – must be signed by dealership. Must be notarized unless boat/outboard motor was purchased from a non-notary state. TITLE - must be signed by the seller. Must be notarized unless boat/outboard motor was purchased from a non-notary state. REGISTRATION – may be used only if state boat/outboard motor comes from is not a title-issuing state.

A BM-10 Verification of H.I.N. or serial number is required on ownership transfer of a new or used boat/outboard motor, regardless of the assignment date and regardless of whether purchased in state or out of state.

Every effort should be made to obtain the verification statement (BM-10) from the seller. If the seller is unavailable: the following procedure may be utilized; prior approval required. 

  1. Buyer may submit a written statement that they are unable to contact the seller to Cherokee Nation Tax Commission.
  2. A HIN/Serial number inspection may then be performed by a Cherokee Nation Tag Agent.

Bill of Sale
A bill of sale (purchase order) is required with a new boat/outboard motor that has an MSO. A notarized bill of sale listing boat by HIN# & motor by SERIAL# for outboard; Listing HIN# for inboard.

Boat Trailers
Boat Trailers may be registered as Private Trailer at the discretion of the customer. See Private Trailer Registration Section.

Driver’s License
A valid Oklahoma driver's license is necessary to register a boat/motor through the Cherokee Nation.

Cherokee Citizenship
Proof of your Cherokee Nation citizenship is required.

Proof of Residence
A current Utility bill (Water, Gas, or Electric) dated within the last 30 days. A current physical address on Driver License will be accepted as well.

Lien Information
If lien information has already been perfected on MSO or title this information must be stamped on the face of the title. In the case that the lien has not been perfected, the lien information must be documented on the back of the title and in a Cherokee Nation Lien Entry Form. It must be typed and signed by the lending institution and presented along with the title or MSO. A Lien Release, if any, must be attached. See LIENS Section for all Lien requirements.

Application for Cherokee Nation Certificate of Title for Boat - Outboard Motor is required to be complete, signed, and notarized with mail-in titles only.